Part- time Member Service & Communications Associate
Monday-Friday 10:30am-2:30pm (hours may vary)
Objectives and Responsibilities:
Perform the duties listed below for prompt, courteous, quality service through high-level member contact and accurate record keeping. Coordinate with cooperative personnel to accommodate the members and ensure efficient and timely response to their needs and the needs of other cooperative personnel. Also assists in facilitating inter-department processes and communications.
The specific objectives for this position and the responsibilities to be fulfilled include but are not limited to:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
A. Greets, assists, and directs visitors/incoming telephone calls.
B. Knows the basics for taking member payments if required.
C. Post payments received by mail, deposited in the night box, and other non-cash register methods.
D. Assist the member at the counter by knowing how to retrieve and relate information to the member needing assistance concerning his/her account(s).
E. Provides orientation to new member and directs calls or takes messages for those not available.
F. Advises members on service rules, rates, rebates, capital credits, special programs and other policies that affect members.
G. Effectively promotes energy services programs to provide members to encourage their successful participation.
H. Completes general filing as needed.
I. Processes address changes to members' accounts.
J. Provides other office services as requested such as: storms, backs up arrangements and processing service orders.
K. Communicate, collaborate and provide input in a team environment.
L. Maintains work equipment and areas in a clean, orderly condition.
M. Completes special projects when given.
N. Ability to maintain Social Media Platforms.
O. Creates internal & external publications and other marketing materials including: gathering information, writing, editing, computer design, layout and proofreading news articles.
P. Assists with the annual meeting and other cooperative functions as directed.
Q. Promotes Youth Tour and Touchtone Energy Camp programs.
R. All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor or Manager as business needs dictate.
1. Must be able to work in a non-smoking professional office environment.
2. Must be able to drive a vehicle.
3. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
4. Considerable sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, carrying, lifting, pushing, and pulling, in an office environment.
Education and Training Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations or related field preferred.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality with all business data;
3. Proven experience in member service, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proven experience in editing, graphic design, photography and interpersonal skills are required, videography skills are preferred.
5. Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are preferred.
6. Strong organizational and leadership skills, knowledge of the Coop business model a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol tests, driver's license checks, and criminal history background checks.
2. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Indiana driver's license.
3. Must be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
4. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
5. Must be willing and able to work hours in addition to regularly scheduled office hours, as business needs require.